Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Fun

I'm excited to say I'm borrowing my nieces for a few days!

The girls stayed with my fiance and I for a whole week last summer and we had so much fun. We took them to a theme park, to the beach and they each got to ride a horse for the first time!

I can remember as a kid going back to school after summer vacation and having to share what I did over the summer. I remember feeling like I never had anything cool or exciting to share - no fun vacations or trips to Disney like my classmates. I hope after a few days in NY, my nieces will go back to school with some fun stories to tell.


I picked them up yesterday and they will be staying with us for a few days. After we got in last night, we took a swim in the pool, watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants together, ate dinner and had time for a board game before bed. The game was Sorry and I was a little worried that the competition between siblings would create problems. But in the end we all got bumped back to Start at one point or another, and they realized it was all just part of the game. In the end, everyone had a good time. I wished I lived close enough to have a game night with my nieces all the time!

Today was a gloomy, rainy day and we needed a rainy day activity. So we spent the day at Rochester Museum and Science Center and watched the film Dolphins at the Strasenburgh Planetarium.


We had so much fun playing Sorry last night we decided to play another board game tonight. This time we played The game of Life.


Not a bad way to spend a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment