Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Painting Pottery

Today, my nieces and I were able to get in touch with our creative side. I took them to an art studio where you can paint pottery. I've been wanting to try out this place for a while and I was excited to be able to finally take the girls there. 

They had lots of things to choose from; they had everything from cups, bowls, plates and serving platters to little animal figurines. They even had the plates that go over your light switch that you could personalize for your bedroom!

The hardest part was deciding what to paint. I wanted something functional, like a serving dish but wasn't feeling artsy enough to freehand an interesting design. I finally picked out a little frog:

Bailey painted a puppy:




And Hannah painted a cheerleader figurine done in the colors of one of her favorite teams, the Buffalo Bills:


They have to be glazed and fired in the kiln before we can go pick them up. We can't wait to see the finished product!

This was a fun creative activity and made for a fun day!



No comments:

Post a Comment