Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to Long Distance

Yesterday was my last day with the girls on their visit in NY. Last night I dropped them off with my aunt, who will spoil them for another day or two before driving them back home.

I loved getting to spend some quality time with them. We got to play mini-golf, we spent a day at the beach, played board games and watched movies together and spent some time with their great-grandparents.

Yet our time together is also bittersweet. It only reminds me that I don't get to do these things with them nearly as often as like I'd like to. Just seeing them requires time off from work and an eight hour drive. Being a long-distance auntie requires a little extra effort.


I think I'd like to make a scrapbook of their visit. This way they can look back and remember all the things we did together. And while I'm putting the scrapbook together I'll get to feel close to them and remember the fun times we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment