Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Soul Surfer: Bethany Hamilton

I love to share inspirational stories with my nieces - stories about girls and women overcoming the odds and exhibiting strength and courage. If you're looking for a good role model, look no further Bethany Hamilton.



During my nieces' visit, we watched the movie Soul Surfer, based on the true story of a young surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack.

Her dedication and bravery are inspiring. My nieces and I were rooting for Bethany, cheering her on as if we were there on the beach watching her surf.

I visited her website and discovered that Bethany not only overcame her fears to become a pro surfer, she is a humble and charitable person with extreme faith. And she has a Blog!  She shares her experiences as she travels, telling her story as well as health tips and healthy recipes. 

This is a blog worth sharing with my nieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment